About Consumer Protection
One of the aims of the National Quality Infrastructure Project is the enhancement of the consumer protection role on quality issues as well as increased capacities of consumer associations to lift up the quality offer/culture of Nigerian enterprises.
The NQI Project definitely will strengthen the resolve of the Nigeria consumers to recognise and demand for quality products and services, anywhere thus contributing to the improvement of quality, safety, integrity and marketability of Nigerian goods and services
It will also among others remove technical barriers to trade by providing an adequate, effective and sustainable National Quality Infrastructure (NQI), consistent with international and regional principles and practices.
Benefits of NQI Project to Consumer Protection
The following are the expected benefits of the NQI to Consumer Protection;
- Consumers are well protected since quality of products and services are enhanced through the complete implementation of the NQI Project
- SMEs will key into the project and will thus be enhanced for quality services and products delivery e.g. the training on QMS will be very effective in this regards as SMEs will be exposed to international best practices in QMS.
- Consumers will be more aware of quality issues and their rights thus contributing to the entrenchment of a quality offer culture.
- NQI will further position CPC as an enhancer of quality in Nigeria
- International and national trade in non-oil products and services will be enhanced as NQI will assist in upgrading quality of products and services to globally acceptable standards.